Living With Stress and Coming Out!

Ellen J.  Barrier







Shared by: Margine  Mims

My name is Mrs. Margine Mims, and I am 71- years- of- age. Also, I'm a mother of nine ( 9) children, twenty-seven (27) grandchildren, and twelve great-grandchildren. I was born and reared in Dangerfield, Texas in a small community known as Piney Heights. I have been a life-time member of Faith Temple Church of God in Christ, which is located in Dangerfield, Texas; my pastor is Pastor Alfred Key, Sr. I'm a proud founder of the non-profit organization named Black Community Scholarship Foundation, which was established to help young black males/females achieve their educational goals. Also, I am the District President of the purity class and the youth group at my Church.

Some of my other activities include volunteering my services to U.S.D.A, which is a service available to elderly people to get their homes repaired. Therefore, I help prospective applicants complete their applications. Although I am a very blessed woman, I just like others, have to go through my share of trials and tribulations. Some of my trials and tribulations consist of losing my grand son, Chris, who played football for the Miami Hurricanes and enrolled in a graduate school, died in a car accident in February of 2002.

Another drastic event that I had to encounter, was loosing my oldest son, Elder Willie Searcy, to a battle of cancer. Willie, was the founder of the Marantha Church of God in Christ, located in Mt. Pleasant, Texas. Two years later, (2006), death came and took my husband, Milton Mims; he died of heart problems. It was during these trying times that stress had entered my life. I   realized that my heartaches and all that pain inside, was too much for me to handle.

Therefore, I began to ask myself, What is Stress? Stress is a force, pressure, and strain that produces a change in one's life, which is what I had experienced. All of those bad things (death of love ones) that happened to me brought about a change in my life; I began feeling frustrated, unhappy, and very overwhelmed. Because of the stress, my daily life was affected greatly. I started making bad decisions and could not handle or deal with daily tasks. At that time, I did not understand why I couldn't function as I  normally did in the past, especially with the simplest things in my life, but now, I know it was stress, which does dramatically affect the mind and body, and makes it harder to cope with everyday living.

I could talk a life time about stress, but words alone, cannot describe how stress affects a person. I was feeling sick with symptoms such as high blood pressure out of control, depressed, tensed, having anxiety attacks, severe headaches, had mood swings, and restless/tired constantly. Stress, is a spirit that the devil plants in your mind, and the spirit talks to you and keeps you from sleeping at night. I would wake up tired and weak, which would make everyday hard for me to function.

I had allowed stress to take over to the point, where I couldn't thank God, because I thought he had forgotten me. I felt helpless, and didn't think I could rely on anyone. So, I began to go to the doctor, who would inform me that I was "Just under a lot of stress, as well as a state of depression," which I didn't want to accept. It was hard for me to believe it was stress, that was making my life so miserable. Needless to say, the doctor gave me some medications, which didn't make me feel better, actually, it made me feel worse.

I began to lose weight because I didn't have any desire or appetite to eat. I almost gave up on my health. I would just lay around the house, and isolated myself from everyone. But, thank God for deliverance.

One day a missionary came to my house and laid hands on me and prayed for my deliverance. I began to realize that God had sent me a message through this woman. God was telling me how to get my life back in order, because he was not through with me yet. He was telling me, how to eliminate stress, and start living again. God stepped in, right on time, as he always has. God told me to "Go to church at noon everyday and pray, and lay before him." I was to read his word and continually praise him and lift him up - give Him th Glory. He put his words in my mouth to speak to his people.

When  he gave me the answer that I had been seeking, I decided that I would not live a stressful life. I knew that I now have a way out from under the devil -stress, which was through God 's word. The word says, "I will not leave you nor forsake you. Lo, I am with you always even unto the end of the world."(Matthew 28:20).

It was then my life began to change in the direction that God guided. I began sleeping on my Bible, anointing myself and speaking God's words to the stress demons. Yet, it seemed like the more I spoke God's words, the more the mountain of stress would try to build. It was then and there, that I made up my mind that the devil is a liar and that God's words work. "Wherefore, take unto you the whole armor of God that you may be able to withstand." (Ephesians 6:13-14). I found out that the enemy yields only to what he must and what is taken. Therefore, the ground must be taken.

God's word gave me the authority to take my life back. He let me know the scriptures can't be broken. I continued to pray everyday, and read other books on God's healing. I did these things because healing was what I needed.  Every morning and night, I would read God's word and quote it. I had to learn through his word. There are many people who are saved and stressed out, because the  aren't taking care of their bodies and mind.

They need to learn to relax, and meditate on God's words. And, do what he says. You cannot allow the devil to put the spirit of stress in your life. Remember, your body is your temple of the Holy Ghost. God wants us to do the right things (spiritually) eat healthy, exercise, relax etc. Keep in mind, that prayer is key to all mental sickness. You need to be aware that stress damages the mind and body; You need to control your stress -don't let it control you. Always read the words and stay in touch with God, so you will be prepared when stress arrive. 

Health And Fitness Products:  http://barriershealthandfitness.com/


Barrier's Books & Associates

No comments:

Post a Comment